Here are the top five reasons that your dentist may need to do a dental extraction
Dentists offer a variety of services and care that all pertain to your oral health. If you have pain in a tooth, then you can get the care that you need from your dentist. Some common services that you can find from the right dental office include cleanings, preventative care, fillings, restorative care, root canals, dental crowns, bridges, dentures, partials, veneers, cosmetic care, whitening care, orthodontics, braces, implants, and more. If you are looking for the right dental office to work with, then you will want to find the right dental professionals that offer everything that you need in one office.
When it comes to dentistry and things that will lead you into the office of a dentist, then you may already know that there are several things that can go wrong with your oral health. Listed here are the top five reasons that your dentist may need to do a dental extraction:
- Severe decay or trauma. If you have severe decay in any one tooth then you may have to have it removed in order to prevent the decay from spreading to other teeth. This is vital as you won’t want to cause other problems for your other teeth or your gums.
- Crowding of your teeth. You may also need to have a tooth removed if you are experiencing crowding of your teeth. This may be important if your dentist needs to make room so that your teeth don’t crowd together.
- Removing wisdom teeth. Ahhh, the good old wisdom teeth removal. Some dentists will remove all of them at once and some will only remove the ones that are causing problems. It is likely that you may need to have your wisdom teeth removed at some point and you will want to do it as soon as you start feeling pain and before it gets worse.
- Gum disease. If you have severe gum disease then you may also need to have a tooth removed. This is something that can be caught early on if you get regular teeth cleanings and checkups from your dentist.
- To facilitate dentures. If you need dentures, then you may have to have some teeth pulled in order to facilitate the dentures.
As you can see, these were five of the main reasons that your dentist may need to pull a tooth. Of course, following the right oral preventative measures will help to alleviate this need. For example, if you get regular cleanings and checkups from your dentist then you won’t have to worry about tooth decay or gum disease coming as a surprise. Your dental hygienist and dentist will be able to spot that earlier than expected when you have regular checkups.
If you are looking for the right dental professionals then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Wohrman Dental Group. They are the leading experts in dental care and can offer you the dental services that you are looking for whether you need a regular cleaning or to fill a cavity.