How to know when you need an emergency dentist
If you are considering visiting an emergency dentist, then you may already know that you have an emergency, such as a cracked or missing tooth. However, there are other things that may leave you up in the air if it constitutes a dental emergency or a call to your regular dental office. If you are wondering what to do, then read these points to consider. Listed here are several ways to tell if you need to see an emergency dentist:
- You are in a lot of pain. If you are in a lot of pain, then you will want to consider seeing a dentist right away. If you don’t know the cause of your pain and it came on suddenly, then this can be the signs of something serious. This is why you will need to see a dentist right away in order to determine if it is serious or not.
- You have a cracked tooth. If you are experiencing pain due to a cracked tooth, then you may want to call in the experts to have it fixed right away. A cracked tooth needs to be tended to as quickly as possible, which constitutes an emergent situation and you will want to be sure that you do everything that you can to try and save the tooth.
- You have had an injury to your jaw. If you have experienced an injury to your jaw or swelling of the jaw, then you will want to consider getting help from the right dental professional in order to make sure that you don’t have an infection. This can be caused by an accident, a hit to the face or any other types of trauma.
- You think you have an infection. If you have a lot of pain and think that you may have an oral infection, then you need to get this tended to right away. This is very important as you will want to be sure that you don’t let it go on too long. This can be very dangerous for your health.
- You lost a tooth or are about to lose one. If you think that you may need an emergency extraction, then you will want to call in the expertise of an emergency dentist.
As you can see, there are many different things that can occur that will cause you to call in a dentist right away. You can always call your normal dental office and tell them your issues. They may be able to squeeze you in right away and then assess your case. If it is something that they cannot handle, then they can also refer you to the right specialist or oral surgeon right away.
If you want to find the right dental clinic that also offers emergency dental procedures, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Wohrman Dental Group. They are the leading dental experts in many types of dental care and can help you with any and all problems that you are facing!