The most important design elements in a bedroom include blinds
A bedroom is a sanctuary. Statistics suggest that human beings will spend one third of their lives sleeping, but perhaps even more time just relaxing in their bedroom. This is especially true if the bedroom is comfortable, cozy and peaceful. There are many ways to ensure that a bedroom hits all these marks and it is important to do so to make sure that you are creating a space you love to be in. This might mean thinking about how the room will look at different points during the day. Appropriate lighting may create a cozy vibe at nighttime, while custom blinds may be exactly what you need to let in the right amount of sunlight during the day. The tips below will give you ideas on how to create a bedroom that you love to be in.
- Think about fabrics- Since your bedroom is the place you will sleep, soft, luxe fabrics can make all the difference and add a textural element to a space. Think about high thread count, faux fur, crushed velvet, and down or down alternatives. You can also easily switch up the look and feel of a room by playing with different colors or prints.
- Maximize natural lighting- If you are lucky enough to have large windows in your bedroom, you probably have an abundance of natural sunlight. While this is great for during the day, it can be a rude awakening early in the morning. Use of appropriate shades can really help with this as well as create lighting moods of their own when strategically opened or closed.
- Don’t neglect the walls- If you are able to paint or wallpaper the space, you can do so to match the exact look and feel you want. If you are in a rental, however, you might not have the ability to make any changes like this. If that is the case, think about putting in a gallery wall of assorted are or perhaps floor to ceiling curtains that can act as a wall replacement and bring a different color tone to the room.
- Privacy is key- Bedrooms should be private and peaceful, so it is important to work with companies like Blinds N Shades to ensure that when you want private time in your bedroom, you can easily achieve it by closing blinds and enjoying your bedroom sanctuary.
- Floors need love too- If you are lucky enough to have hardwood floors, all you might need is a little splash of color with a small rug or runner. However, if you rent, you may fall prey to the beige rental carpets that are hard to work with. Think about adding a large area rug in a fun print or color to help disguise the boring carpeting and add a little bit of visual interest.
As you can see, there are many ways to customize a bedroom and make it feel relaxing and restful. Once you apply some of these tips and tricks, you will have the space of your dreams.