This is when you need emergency dental work
Many people have notion in their heads that dental work is expensive. Whether or not they have insurance, there are a lot of people who will avoid going to the dentist for a few reasons. One of those reasons is that they think it will be too expensive. Other reasons are usually that they are scared of dentists or that they have not been in a while and are nervous about being judged or scolded by a dentist.
If you are one of these types of people, how do you know when it is time to go to the dentist? This list will help you identify a few signs that mean you should make an appointment for emergency dentistry.
- You chip a tooth- If you chip a tooth doing something whether its biting down on something in your food like a pit, hitting your tooth on something or perhaps chipping it playing sports or doing another type of physical activity, you should get to the dentist immediately. A chipped tooth not only looks bad, but it can expose nerves and feel very painful and sensitive depending on how bad the chip is.
- You lose a tooth- This does not apply for children who are currently naturally losing teeth, but it does apply to adults who may lose a tooth due to injury or lack of care. If you lose a tooth, it is absolutely imperative that you see a dentist because they will be able to provide dental implants that can replace any teeth lost and help make your smile look its best again.
- You are in a lot of pain- Tooth pain is never a good sign, especially if it is distracting and keeping your from doing normal day to day things like eating and sleeping and working. If you have tooth pain or a lot of sensitivity, make an appointment with a dentist as soon as you can.
- You feel like your teeth are shifting- If you bite down and feel like your teeth are not fitting together the way they usually do, this is a sign that your teeth are shifting. This can actually cause other issues such as headaches and dental pain, so it is important that you make an appointment with a Kernersville emergency dental specialist as soon as you can.
- You have any bleeding or swelling- If your gums are bleeding excessively or are swollen and tender, this is a sign you need to a see a dentist. This could be a sign of gingivitis and needs to be addressed immediately. Gum sensitivity can be extremely painful and it is important to see what you can do to fix it, which will nearly always involve seeing a dentist and having them perform some dental procedures.
Even though people think the dentist can be scary or expensive, tooth care and overall oral health is a very important part of your well-being. If you experience any of the signs or symptoms above, you should know that you should make an appointment with an emergency dental specialist as soon as you can.